SNEB Foundation Scholarship Application - 2020
The goal of the Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior Foundation (SNEB Foundation) Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance for recipients to attend the SNEB Annual Conference. The number of scholarships awarded each year will depend on available funding.
There are three categories for student applicants: Student (graduate), Undergraduate and International. The scholarship amount for the 2020 Student and Undergraduate Scholarships is $500.00. The International Scholarship is awarded $1,000, to help cover extra travel costs for those residing outside the U.S. Each scholarship will help students offset the costs of attending the SNEB Annual Conference. Only one scholarship award will be given to each recipient. In addition to the monetary award, the recipient will receive complimentary conference registration.
Criteria for Eligibility
To be eligible for consideration for a student scholarship the applicant must be a Student Member of SNEB. Student Members are: Individuals who are registered as full-time students or are actively working on a degree at an accredited college or university or are enrolled in a dietetic intern program. Student status must be verified by having a faculty member sign the membership application. Non-members can join at htp://www.sneb.org/join.
All applicants must also be at the beginning of their professional careers in nutrition, dietetics, or related field, i.e., they must have fewer than 3 years of professional work experience. Prior Foundation scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply.
The goal of the Community Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to those who offer community-based nutrition education programs. The 2020 award amount is $500. In addition to the monetary award, the recipient will receive complimentary conference registration.
Criteria for Eligibility
To be eligible, the applicants must:
- Work for a 501(c)3 nonprofit or governmental entity
- Work for community-based initiative that offers nutrition education or other programs to improve nutrition behaviors
- Have worked in the field for at least one year
The application form and essay must be submitted by March 1, 2020.
All essays will be rated based on the quality of response to the question "How do you plan to apply what you learn from conference to your studies, research, or professional career related to nutrition education?" The reviewers will evaluate essays on the following criteria:
- Originality/creativity/innovation in nutrition education. How is your research or work enhancing the field of nutrition education? (This can be expressed by describing work you are already doing or work you are interested in pursuing in the future.)
- Ability to apply information from SNEB conference to career potential How will exposure to conference sessions help you advance your nutrition education career goals?
- Ability to express ideas well and convey information clearly and concisely.
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT NOTIFICATION AND RECOGNITION
Scholarship recipients will be chosen by May 1, 2020 and notified by the SNEB Foundation President and Scholarship Committee Chair. Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the SNEB Foundation Meeting and other Annual Conference activities/sessions.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANT MENTORING
All scholarship applicants are offered the opportunity to work with a mentor. The name and contact information for the mentor will be provided by the SNEB Foundation Scholarship Committee Chair.