The Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior (JNEB) is inviting applications to its inaugural Mentored Editorship Program. The successful candidate will work closely with Associate Editors and the Editor in Chief (EiC) to participate in the JNEB editorial peer-review process.
The Mentored Editor (MEd) position requires a 2-year commitment, where they will learn to handle the range of manuscript types submitted to JNEB. After training with the EiC, managing editor, and publisher, the MEd will go through 4 mentoring rotations, each with a different JNEB Associate Editor. In collaboration with the Associate Editor mentor, the MEd is expected to manage 1-3 manuscripts per rotation, including assessing manuscript fit, identifying ad hoc reviewers, appraising reviews and rebuttals, and writing reports to communicate decisions and their rationale to authors. The MEd will also participate in regular JNEB staff activities and attend Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior Journal Committee meetings as needed.
- Experience as a peer reviewer in nutrition education and behavior or related field
- Hold a doctoral-level terminal degree, e.g., EdD, PhD, MD
Application review will begin on May 27th. Applicants must submit the following materials using this Application Form:
- Cover letter (describing related experience and how the MEd experience advances the candidate’s career goals)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Declaration of conflict of interests
- Description of activities in publishing and reviewing.